Moving to cloud-based platforms is a broad concept. These days, all the business processes are being shifted to cloud-based platforms and people are seeing evident benefits of doing so. In simple words, it means that you will not be using hardware within your organization, in fact you will put your data to servers located far away from your entity and will enjoy the benefits of a secure connection via internet. Selecting the right cloud platform for your SAP or any other need can get confusing because there are multiple vendors, options, and configurations available in the market. It is not a simple task, and you are required to understand the right criteria to make a wise decision. In this article, we will talk about the most important things to keep in mind when you are making the selection of the right cloud model for your growing business.
- Functional control – The first thing that you must check for the right selection of cloud-based platform is the functional possibilities. Not all clouds are providing you with full support. It will depend on the type of SAP application that you are using. Also, you will be required to pick the languages you will be needing with your SAP functionality. Most of the clouds will support English as the primary language, but if most users are of other language, you may opt for another option.
- Approach of implementation – Your implementation approach will decide the type of sap cloud you should use. For instance, if you are taking greenfield approach, any cloud will work but with brownfield approach, you will be required to make a careful decision.
- Innovation and upgrades – Another important thing to check is the availability of updates. Updates can both be great and overwhelming. Sometimes, our business systems are not that functional to adapt all the updates, therefore you should carefully analyze this thing before making the final decision.
- Requirement of customization – This will depend on your business model and processes. If your business model needs customization and you are looking to get many add-ons, you should pick the cloud with that perspective.
- Pricing – before making any final call, it is important to check various prices from different vendors. You should compare those prices to make a solid decision while picking the best cloud-based platform for your business needs.